Driven by delivering new and innovative solutions for airline customers, AIM Altitude regularly brings new concepts and fresh impetus to the galley market. Its galleys evolve with each generation, influenced by feedback from customers. At the Aircraft Interiors Expo, Hamburg, 2019, AIM Altitude is exhibiting three generations of galley development.
Generation 1: the baseline galley
AIM Altitude’s galley innovations are driven by flight research and stakeholder insights from airlines, their on-board and ground crew, and passengers. Helena Teichrib, Industrial Designer at AIM Altitude, said: “After our initial research, we delved into what a new-generation baseline galley should be like. Our emphasis was upon maintainability, durability and ease of use for crew. Combined with a simple and coherent look, as well as updated detailing, this galley concept succeeded in creating a modern interior look.”
Features of the Generation 1 galley include:
- Clip-on Trim
- Flush Task Light
- Flush Pull-Out Table
- Removable Shelves
- Full-Height Pantry
- Replaceable Décor Panels
- New Baseline Doors
- UV Filter Water Dispenser (IWG)
Generation 2: Creating a premium feel
As well as refining many features of the first-generation baseline galley, AIM Altitude also focused on premium features for the second-generation galley, reflecting a rising demand in customised galleys to create unique boarding experiences.
Inspired by the appearance of modern kitchen interiors, doors were developed to hide the galley when not in use. All upper doors easily stow away to give crew an efficient work environment.
- Fold and Stow Doors for Oven Compartments
- Up-and-Over Doors
- Animated RGBW Lighting
- Premium Paddle Latch Doors
- Half-Height Pantry
Generation 3: A galley refined
The third-generation galley shows further refinement as well as some new conceptual ideas and product innovations. In this development phase, AIM Altitude put specific effort into cooperating with other leading businesses to develop enhanced product solutions.
Weight-conscious and future-oriented products were the focus here. Combined with features that have been developed to production standard, this galley shows a wide variety of what AIM Altitude can deliver:
- Premium Paddle Latches: an elegant latch mechanism to give the galley a premium feel
- Flush Pull-Out Table: A pull-out table that sits flush with the galley work top – simplifying meal prep for crew
- Pull-Out Pantry: a customisable feature that is easy and quiet to use. Adaptable for different-use cases such as a pop-up bar or stowage unit, shown here in duty-free display configuration.
- Embedded Task Lighting: lighting integrated into the galley to give crew focused work-light where it is needed
- Improved Roller Blind: a newly developed mechanism, focused on robustness and ease of use. A weight-conscious solution to hide galley equipment
- Ice Drawer: an insulated ice drawer with premium latching
- IWG Touchscreen UV Water Dispenser: safe drinking water that can reduce the amount of water bottles/waste, and gives passengers a space-saving destination feature. Furthermore, the touchscreen interface simplifies maintenance for ground crew.
- Magic Mirror: for seamless integration of digital signage and IFE
- Animated RGBW Lighting: a new lighting system that allows bespoke programming of light animations. Shown here behind semi-translucent laminate
- Invisible Latching: premium push-in latches that vanish into the door face. Ideal for doors in passenger-oriented environments such as bars and self-service galleys
All three generations of galley innovations can be viewed on AIM Altitude’s stand: 7B01 or by visiting the Galley Innovations page.